Thursday, September 21, 2006

Influential

I was musing the other day about how many of the things that are in my room would not be here if I have never gotten interested in Yugioh. The ones I can think of are:

The Kaiba wall scroll (obviously)
The Ancient Elf plushie
My Duel Monsters deck
My Yugioh t shirt
My Japanese dictionary and notebook from Japanese class
The Japanese calligraphy on my wall
Probably the two pictures that are vaguely Japanese in style
The hide posters
Several of my CDs: Eric Stuart, hide, Malice Mizer, and anything else Japanese
My kanji earrings and necklace
The earrings I bought from Lady
The dolphin statue
Chris and Ria
The Vietnamese frog
The Greek pot
The drawing of Serenity
Any of the pictures currently on the pink circle thingy
The NO SHRUGGING! sign
The pink/purple/orange friendship circle on my door
The two letters sitting in my drawer of important things
My ring from Liz

Have I made the point? Obviously, having gotten interested in Yugioh made a ridiculously huge impact on the whole shape of my life for the past few years, an impact that will last the rest of my life, but it's interesting to notice specifically what a high percentage of the physical objects surrounding me just would not be here if Rusty hadn't happened to introduce my brother to this particular anime show, or if I hadn't been a kind enough older sister to (after ridiculing it for a while) actually try watching it. I wonder what would be decorating my walls instead...

Well, I'll have to thank Kazuki Takahashi. I'll include a note with his wedding invitation.

Meanwhile, time to get ready for folkdancing, something that as far as I can tell has no connection in my life to my interest in Yugioh.

Just for old times' sake, I'll leave you with words of wisdom from Seto Kaiba:

"It's in the briefcase, you moron."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home