Thursday, June 04, 2009

Question

One of the best answers I have ever gotten to a question was from Ms. Dunnell, when I asked what animal she would be, and why. I would be a dog. Because then, I could show unlimited affection to everyone around me, and never feel self-conscious, and never be judged.

I think that is beautiful and powerfully sad. Why are we so terrified to express affection? Where does the impulse come from to hide how much you care about people? Is the thought of the affection being rejected or not returned just too painful? Is there anyone who honestly minds knowing they are loved? What are we so scared of?

On a different note, yesterday I got to scamper around on a giant sand dune waving my shawl in the wind, and it was glorious.

In summary: people are complicated; wind is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home