Friday, February 27, 2009

遅刻

So I was amused by the following exchange from my third-year class (at 二中) today, when one of the students arrived at around 9:00 for first period, which starts at 8:35 (and students are supposed to be at school by 8:00 at the latest I believe). Translated as best as I can remember from the Japanese:

Teacher: Oh, good morning. How come you're so late?

Student: Overslept.

T: Oh? When did you get up?

S: Uhh...get up? Well umm, I guess...uh...

T: Yeah, what time did you get out of bed?

S: Oh, get out of bed? About 8:30 I guess.

T: You slept all the way 'til 8:30?

S: Well...no, I woke up around 8:00.

T: ...But you stayed in bed until 8:30?

S: I mean, I figured, I'm gonna be late to school today in any case...

Heh heh, I like the way this kid thinks. ^_^

BUMP OF CHICKEN's take on waking up (I might have already posted this? But oh well):

あと 2回 寝返りしたら 試しに起きてみよう
あと 3回 寝返りしたら 今度こそ起きてやろう

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home