Friday, June 02, 2006

Memory

My personal feelings on the afterlife are summed up pretty well by John McCutcheon, in the same song I quoted earlier:

I don't look for reward ever after,
For I hold this life much too dear,
And from what I can tell, both heaven and hell
We create in abundance right here...

At the moment our lives become memory,
And all of our dreaming is done,
We shed what it is makes us different,
And we don what it is makes us one.

What is memory but time rendered timeless,
Some small proof we each live anew?
And I refuse to surrender that small part of me
That is you...


We took Patti for a walk today, for the first time in pretty much forever, and it was so lovely; I think she had a lot of fun. I really wish I knew how she felt about Polar vanishing like this...

On another note, I just lost two duels to my brother. How sad.

Okay, enough of this for now...more later if I get bored, heh. Farewell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home